Thursday, 17 July 2014

Preordered Books & Comics of 2014

I’ve been away for a few days because my internet access got fried due to lightning damage. So now I’m hoping to catch up with your comments and all the stuff that I might’ve missed.
I won’t be posting a lot in July because of my chunky books TBR. Let’s just say that my plan hasn’t come to fruition (just yet), and I really need to catch up.

Anyways, today I’d like to share my preordered books and comics for the rest of 2014 with you. Sequels and conclusions to some of my favourite series are going to be released later this year, so naturally, I’m very excited!
.
.
Alex + Ada, Volume 1 by Jonathan Luna and Sarah Vaughn
Publication Date: 29th July, 2014
This is a sci-fi comic series set in the near future when androids are an essential part of society. The human Alex gets in the possession of the android Ada, and then he slowly starts to realise that Ada is more to him than just a robot.
This could either turn out to be extremely weird (if you know what I mean ...) or really interesting, so I figured I’d give it a shot, even though I’m not that impressed by what I’ve seen of the artwork so far.

Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert
Publication Date: 7th August, 2014
Yes, I am aware of the fact that this novel was published back in 1856, however, the amazing Penguin Clothbound Edition is getting a reissue! I’ve been meaning to read Madame Bovary for a few years, but I wanted this particular edition to extend my Penguin collection. The book was out of print for a long time, and copies were sold on eBay for ridiculous prices, hence I was thrilled to find out that it’ll finally be reprinted! THANK YOU, Penguin.

Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
Publication Date: 14th August, 2014
It’s only 28 more days until the release of Isla, you guys! The date was postponed so many times, but the waiting finally comes to an end next month. This is probably my most anticipated book of 2014. I don’t read that many contemporary YA books, but I adore the cuteness of Stephanie Perkins’ novels. And the fact that the conclusion of this series is set in Paris again makes me even more excited!

Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas
Publication Date: 2nd September, 2014
While I don’t think that the protagonist of this series is as badass and strategic as I imagine the world’s greatest assassin to be, I was quite entertained by Throne of Glass and Crown of Midnight. The story is action-packed, and it’s one of the few cases wherein a love triangle doesn’t bother me.
Also, how awesome are these covers? Especially the one for Heir of Fire. Perfect colour scheme.

Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater
Publication Date: 21th October, 2014
Immediately after finishing The Raven Boys, I (pre)ordered The Dream Thieves and Blue Lily, Lily Blue, because I admired Blue and her Raven Boys so much! I haven’t read The Dream Thieves yet, but it’s going to happen soon.

In the Afterlight by Alexandra Bracken
Publication Date: 28th October, 2014
This is the conclusion of the Darkest Minds series. I’ve already talked about it briefly in a Waiting on Wednesday post, so if you don’t know these books – which I doubt – you can find a short synopsis over there. Again, I still haven’t read Never Fade because I’m awful like that, but I’m sure that I’ll get around to it before In the Afterlight comes out.
Which releases are you most excited about? Any of the ones that I mentioned? And which books am I missing out on? Do you even preorder books at all? And do you like Penguin Clothbounds as much as I do?

10 comments:

  1. OMG So excited for:
    Heir of Fire
    Isla and the Happily Ever After
    Into the After Light

    Wow, I need to get to ordering these books. I'm so excited for Alexandra Bracken's new book. And not only because my name is Alexandria *wink, wink*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still plenty of time left to buy them (unfortunately ...)! :)

      Delete
  2. Hey Lina,
    I just saw your comment from June and I have to say that I have actually no idea if I visited your blog or now. But I've been going around some book blogs lately and watched a lot of Booktube videos on YouTube. I'd love to start blogging again, I'm still not sure how to schedule things though. BUT I will try to figure things out. Lots of love to you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to hear from you again! I’m looking forward ro reading new blog posts of yours! :)

      Delete
  3. Throne of glass #3 und isla sind bei mir auch schon vorbestellt. Besonders auf isla freu ich mich schon riesig, nachdem Stephanie Perkins immer für sommerleichte Bücher gut ist.

    Liebe Grüße
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ja, gerade bei den unerträglichen Temperaturen momentan wünschte ich, Isla atHEA würde jetzt schon erscheinen!

      Delete
  4. I'm excited for Isla, Heir of Fire and In the Afterlight even though I haven't completed the first books in any of those series. I'm planning to though! :) I'm like a quarter way through the Darkest Minds.

    I also really can't wait for the release of Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan! He said that one of the main characters is definitely going to die and I can't even!

    Also, Silver Shadows by Richelle Mead is coming out at the end of this month and Penguin keeps releasing these teasers on Twitter and I'm just so pumped!

    Great list!

    xoxo,
    Laquesha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should get around to them then, they’re all great books!

      I want to read the Heroes of Olympus series soo much, but I nead to read the books 2 to 5 in the Percy Jackson series first ... :/
      I somehow always find myself binge-reading Richelle Mead books. I waited until the release of The Indigo Spell, then I read the first three volumes in the Bloodlines series back-to-back. I think I’m going to do the same with the last three volumes too, because I haven’t got around to reading The Fiery Heart yet. :P

      Delete
  5. I have Isla pre-ordered too! I couldn't resist it. I read the sneak peek and it's amazing. I fell in love with the book within a few pages. It looks like it may be the best book of the entire series. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn’t allow myself to read the preview, otherwise the waiting would be even more torturous! But I’m extremely excited, and if Isla was actually better than Anna & Lola, that would be amazing.

      Delete

Please share your thoughts on this blog post! :)