Wednesday, 28 May 2014

Waiting on Wednesday [#1] – In the Afterlight

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, to spotlight upcoming releases that you are especially excited for.


In the Afterlight [The Darkest Minds #3]
by Alexandra Bracken
Publication Date: October 28th 2014
Genre: YA, dystopia, paranormal romance

Since the cover for the conclusion of the Darkest Minds series was revealed only last week, I just had to choose this one. Two words: cover lust! This is by far my favourite cover out of all three of them. The subtle shades of orange, pink and purple in the background look perfect. I cannot wait to see it in the flesh, since I absolutely love the metallic effect of this series’ covers.

I won’t give you a synopsis of this book, since it's the third book in a series, but if you haven’t read The Darkest Minds yet, I can only advise you to do so. In The Darkest Minds, an epidemic disease causes children to die. The few who survive develop special powers: fire, mind control, electricity, telekinesis and surpassing intelligence. Ruby, the main character, is one of those survivors, who is therefore sent to Thurmond, a governmental rehabilitation camp. The story is action-packed and has a cast of very loveable characters.

To my shame, I haven’t read Never Fade yet, but I’m planning to do so in June! Which book releases are you anticipating?

15 comments:

  1. I've seen The Darkest Minds around, but never knew what it was about. Epidemic + special powers sounds awesome though, I will have to see if I can get my hands on a copy (:

    I don't have many books I'm anticipating, except maybe Burned by Karen Marie Moning. But that one doesn't come out till 2015, so I have a long wait before me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of the series, but the synopsis of the first book sounds pretty interesting!
    Here's my WoW!
    http://mytime2read.blogspot.com/2014/05/waiting-on-wednesday-is-weekly-meme.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Believe it or not, I've never heard of this series, but I'm also not a big YA or dystopia reader. Hope you enjoy!
    Here's Mine: http://www.sarahsbookshelves.com/waiting-on-wednesday/waiting-wednesday-summer-house-swimming-pool-herman-koch/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yup. This book is a must have .I've read the first two books and I can't wait for #3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read Never Fade yet either, since I prefer reading the first of a series and then waiting until it's finished before reading he rest. Really not liking the cover for some reason though. :(

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this series. I like the cover they finally decided on too, can't wait! Great pick.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still haven't read the first book even though I have heard so many great things! So I think I need to read the first two asap. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yaaaaaas! I need this in my life ASAP! Have already preordered this and I cannot wait! Thanks for stopping by the blog today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, sounds great - and as I really love dystopian books, I will soon buy this, I guess... - Thanks for recommendation, Casey

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ich hab "The Darkest Mind" auch begeistert verschlungen und muss genauso gestehen, dass ich "Never Fade" noch ungelesen als E-Book habe *pfeif* Warum eigentlich? Es war echt klasse und ich will auch unbedingt mehr aus der Reihe lesen, aber man konnte es auch gut so stehen lassen vorerst. Aber schön, dass du mich mit den dritten Teil wieder an die Reihe erinnerst ;) Vielleicht warte ich noch, bis alle erschienen sind mit dem weiterlesen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so excited, I adore these books but they are so hard to get a hold of in England.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, tell me about it! I live in Germany, so I basically have to buy everything online. I really miss the experience of going to a bookstore. ^^

      Delete
  12. Everytime I see a post about this book. I ask myself why did I buy this book and never read it. I hope to do so soon! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I also followed you on Google Friend Connect. Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love finding new blogs to follow :)

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts on this blog post! :)