Monday, 13 February 2012

Stacking the Shelves [#2]

Oh, how I hate it when the DHL tracking service says that my package is going to be delivered that day and yet it does not arrive because the postman is such a silly slowcoach! Anyway, my Amazon book order is finally lying right next to me.

I should really make a rule not to buy a book, unless I read another one. How will I ever be able to reduce my stack of unread books?


Shatter Me by Tehereh Mafi 
“The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal. As long as she doesn't hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don't fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.
The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war-- and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she's exactly what they need right now.
Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.
” 

Cinder by Marissa Meyer
“Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth's fate hinges on one girl... Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She's a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister's illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai's, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world's future.

I’m excited! :-)) My next review will be on Veronica Roth’s Divergent, by the way. Take care! :]

2 comments:

  1. I'm SO jealous! I can't wait to read these two books, honestly. I only heard lots and lots of good things about it and as I'm totally into the dystopian genre right now, both of these books would be a perfect read. Unfortunately there are still tons of books on my to read-shelf over here AND I haven't got any money... but I'm so much looking forward to the point when that changes.

    Also, I tagged you. You can read the whole thing and all about it on my blog: http://itishowyouarenot.blogspot.com/2012/02/ive-been-tagged.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shatter Me and Cinder are SOOO GOOD! :)


    Our IMM!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts on this blog post! :)